View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: 1/2 LO8 bottom two with nut low on river 3-way valuebet?

[ QUOTE ]
SB seems to have the nut low. You are almost certainly ahead of him for high.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was also my read and pretty obvious if you look at the turn action.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of players have a misunderstanding about getting 1/4'd...

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't want to quote the whole paragraph but you are right. Even if I would get quartered here(which I thought would be the worst case scenario most likely).

If I checked the river and got quartered I would win 1/4BB's for the hand and breakeven if I bet and got called by both of them.

That said and summing up all the possibilities where I would get half, 3/4 or even a scoop makes it really worth betting this. It just felt 50/50 at the time with my limited experience with the game and 4-5 games going at that time

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you bet the river, 2 good things might happen to you (and they can't happen if you wind up checking in last position): one, you might fold off a better high, and two, the sb may have counted on you to bet so he can CR looking to possibly take down part of the pot with a hand like top pair+2nd nut low.

The times that I do check this river is when I have a really good read and/or when the betting was much heavier at the turn(and flop)and when the board has either a straight or a flush available and I'm holding the nut low and 2 small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I jammed the pot whenever it was possible don't you think that I would just get called down with better two pairs here pretty often? It's so easy to make the players passive at these limits so I thought it was a likely possibility