View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 04:44 AM

Default CTS - Your \"Well\" Post - A question if I may?

CTS – I recently re-read your well post and I really enjoyed it. However, I have a question that went unasked (unless I completely missed something) that I’d like to hear your thoughts on if you don’t mind. This is also an invitation for anyone to contribute their thoughts. You stress the importance of playing 3-bet pots well and I couldn’t agree more. I want to maximise this part of my game as I’m not convinced I’m playing them optimally.

From your “WELL” and excluding those "under certain conditions" hands:
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> At a typical 6max table, what's your typical UTG opening range? </font>

Always:
22+
KQo
AJo+
ATs+
QJs
JTs

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a question more for reassurance that (a) I’m not missing out on opportunities and (b) not spewing too much OOP. The standard for all these scenarios is a 6-max $400NLHE table

Question:
You’ve raised to $14 UTG/MP with one of the following: 22+, KQo, AJo+, ATs+, QJs, JTs. The scenario is 4 different types of Button player who subsequently 3-bet you to $48.

I suppose the question is three fold:

(a) what are you "generally" 4-betting against said villains? (this one is probably easy but for those 2+2ers who want clarification)
(b) what are you "generally" cold-calling OOP against said villains?
(c) your line change with said hands against said villains when 100BB deep versus 200BB deep.

The players:
(a) 24/18 TAG -

(b) 18/12 TAG -

(c) 30/20 good LAG –

(d) 60+/9 fishtard -

I would like to think I’m in line with your decision making on this around 95%+ of the time. I just want to make sure, like I said, that I’m not missing +EV spots or spewing even a little bit.

I think there were one or two other questions that went unasked but this was my main question.

If you reply to this, thanks a lot!