View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: OT: Does your arrogance hurt your results?

[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought, but if IYO you can't get a +EV game at the level you normally play for whatever reason, why not drop down, get a +EV game and rack up the FPP's? A +$2 EV game would beat a -$5EV game

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. That is what I do. I would love to 16-table the $210s, but I only play about 1 out of every 4 due to the high concentration of regs.

I would guess that the main reason the regs play with 8 other regs is that they register through the main lobby and don't bother looking to see who is seated. I think it is quite short-sighted as there hourly rate would go up substantially if they profiled. It's either ignorance because they don't realize this, or it's arrogance cuz they realize it but think they can beat the game.

Someone has to get lucky over a couple thousand tourneys. When it's your turn, you think you're invincible. The fact is with 8 other pros, you're not going to win long term. Elky and RainKhan are the latest 2 to prove it, and BigJoe hasn't been looking too good in his last 4,000 tourneys either. Variance is a bitch. Do what you can to minimize it by profiling and don't get sucked into thinking you're too good to bother with it when in reality you're probably just abnormally hot.

-BK