View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:17 AM

Default OT: Does your arrogance hurt your results?

I know that the 10 billion promo is making the regulars play more than ever, but why don't these guys table profile?

I play the $55-$210 SNG's and can't believe how many of the tables have all 9 spots taken by regulars. If you're one of these regulars (bigjoe2003, River Prayer, ryanghall, deut23-10, Premier, Shankar825, DDBeast, hafizzle, the_rotter77, SamENole, thepiper777, Elky, mistermo, azntracker, sprstoner, Jorj95, Comma_D, scossett, GuiGui_88, johnnyv5000, hg18l7, spainsoccer, ShiP ThA $$$, Boku87, darinvg, xyz888, BB John, Blue Lipton, and many more), do you simply just think you're better than the others? (That's not meant to sound like a [censored])

Every single one of those players has results better than simply losing the rake (most are much better), so there isn't enough pie to go around. For example, for a $105+9 tourney, if everyone was equal they would all lose $9/tourney on average ($4.5/tourney if they're SN/SNE). We know that long term all these guys do much better than that, but for the tourneys where all 9 are regs, I can guarantee you that a few are gonna be losers long term, and I would suspect that 8-9 of them would lose long term (for those tourneys) since they're just splitting the same pie.

If you make $5/tourney on average, I would suspect that for SNG's where the majority of players are weak, you make more like $10-15/tourney. For tourney that are tight (like those mentioned above), I would suspect your results are more like -$10 to -$5/tourney. Just imagine if you cut out those bad ones and just kept the cream.

So, can anyone see flaws in my logic? Who here actually kicks out of tables or does not sit down (SNG's only please) because there are too many regulars? If you don't, what is your reasoning for playing with 8 other regs?

Just frustrated that I can't find any tables,

-BK