View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: The state has a monopoly on monopolization?

It certainly won't be 'the law' to succumb to threats of violence from a potential monopoly in AC land, will it?

And if a potential monopoly went from getting customers through supplying superior products at lower costs to trying to get more market share through threats of violence that opens up a pretty big can of worms doesn't it? Won't any action such as this repel the companies current customer base?

The government has the air of legitimacy with their threats of violence to get people to comply, hell millions fall over themselves defending the propaganda that allows them to continue with the monopoly. It's 'ones duty', etc, etc.
It is 'the law' to abide by the rules.

In an AC society it would be straight up threats of violence with no 'law' to give them the air of legitimacy. I don't know about you, but I"m gonna stop shopping at Walmart when they start rounding up customers at gunpoint and taking them to the store and telling them to spend their money there. What are they going to do, hire 30million people whose job it is to carry a shotgun and gather customers in surrounding towns? Sounds like a pretty expensive propostion to me my friend.