View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: The stance on a Sticky Thread.

I'll address each of your suggestions.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Why there is no title-specific sticky here (since this question gets asked every week or two).

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly the purpose of this thread. It is my hope that this thread is read by all those who have thoughts related to this topic.

Another reason against this being a sticky (and any other sticky for that matter) is that it uses one of the front page spots in the forum. We do tend to have a lot of very good threads in this forum with a lot of useful information. I would hate to see a good thread go overlooked because it was not on the first page. With the cover contest or any other temp-sticky already up it would immediately double this issue.

[ QUOTE ]
2. How to use the Search function (or links to stickies in other forums here that have instructions on how to use the Search function).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that this is not the only forum that members and readers of this site visit due to the high amounts of quality information available throughout 2+2. As you said, instructions on when and how to use the search function are already out there stickied in other forums. When taking that in consideration with the second half of my comments in your number "1." this seems quite obvious.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Links to sites with reviews of poker books, like this

[/ QUOTE ]

The response to this much related to Mason's reasons regarding other authors and publishers. It would be challenging to keep up with all the new sites popping up and maintaining 2+2's standards of quality. We, basically, would be forced to pass judgment on which sites to link and which to not. This, of course, could lead to issues that Mason mentioned.

The most obvious reason not to do this is the fact that nearly anyone that can use a computer can type "poker book reviews" in google and get a substantial list of the sites.