View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Summer \'07 movie reviews/discussion (SPOILERS)

OK, a thread like this is gonna have spoilers. If you're gonna have spoilers in your post, though, just do something like this:

SPIDER-MAN 3 SPOILERS BELOW!!!! (FOR REAL)

and then write a couple of lines before writing any spoilers. No need to bother with white text or whatever.

OK, now on to the reason for this post.

--
Spider-Man 3.

I saw it this weekend at an IMAX theater. That part was pretty sweet. It looked better than some other movies I've seen on IMAX recently. And the 2-minute IMAX theater intro video was sweet. That was probably the highlight of the movie-going experience.

I really liked Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. But this one was just ridiculous. First off, it was way too long. It really felt like it dragged on. Secondly, everything seemed geared to a third-grade level. Of course I understand it's a comic book movie and expect a certain style. However, I don't expect everything to be repeated six times. And sure, things are usually a little over the top in these movies, but this was just way too much imo.

The scene where he is all carefree and swaggering in his dorky way walking down the street, ridiculous. The whole scene with him in the jazz bar, ridiculous. Just plain silly. I could go on.

Too many villains. I think having Harry/Green Goblin 2, Venom (both him and the second guy), and Sandman was too much. I bet that more time with second Venom (I don't know if black spidey is also called venom or not, whatever) and Harry without having Sandman there would have been much better.

The only positive thing I'd say is that the spidey swinging effects looked a lot better. And Sandman effects looked pretty cool.
--

I wanted to see 28 Weeks Later, but friends insisted on Spider-Man last week. Can't wait to see 28 Weeks Later, I really liked the first one and liked the previews I've seen so far.