View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Ethics/Rules Question

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't violate rules to claim you are going to make a certain action when you are headsup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that this sort of chat would take place on the bubble, i don't think it's OK at all. To downplay the effect of collusion because it's heads-up is to miss the point: obv the actions of sb and bb in a bubble situation would affect all the players' equities dramatically. This sort of chat in a cash game is very different to identical comments in a STT, especially on the bubble where everyone is affected by everyone else's actions.

If I was the small stack on the bubble and the sb folded a hand that they otherwise would have pushed i would not be happy with this sort of chat. Having said i think that happening is rare- everyone realises that more often than not the BB is talking crap anyway.

Even so i would leave it out of my game- it may be profitable but if it does have an effect on the sb's actions then its definitely bordering on collusion imo. It's effectively like the BB deliberately acting out of turn in a live STT to protect itself against a push, and in some circumstances to protect the sb against getting called (which is probably bad for both players anyway). Giving away info like that out of turn to protect some players at the expense of others is definitely suss, at least to the extent that it affects the actions of the game.