Thread: Survivor Finale
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Survivor Finale

[ QUOTE ]
On last week's Survivor Live, Stacey said that the deal actually included everyone - everyone had to agree to vote Yau's way at final 4, in order for Dreamz to get the truck. Like wtf, what do they stand to gain from that? He painted a huge target on his back with that move. IMO this wasn't shown, in order to preserve Yau's "best strategist" edit, because this was a huge tactical blunder (and I say that as a total Yauman fanboy from the 1st episode).

[/ QUOTE ]Wow. That's a pretty significant fact to leave on the cutting room floor. I guess they didn't want to confuse the audience by giving them anything more than a one-dimensional view of any contestant. He made a move earlier in the game that seemed a little socially naive to me, and I was surprised when he ended up a hero. I guess I fell victim to the editing.

In that case Earl played the best. Stake me?

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ the jury, that was pretty cool, the bitter jury is always the best thing about a Survivor finale.

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed. Even though it pisses me off every year when these idiots show a complete lack of understanding of the game, it is always the highlight of the season.

Here's another question: If you make it to the final six as part of the majority alliance, but know you're not part of the smaller, tighter alliance, would you take the truck deal from one of the leaders?

You're basically settling for fourth, but chances are you were going out fourth or fifth anyway unless you won that immunity challenge. I'm sure the value of the truck is more than third place gets paid. And you can probably sell it for more than sticker value as a 'Survivor item'.

Does your answer change if you're unemployed?