View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: 44...Shall We Play Along?

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much never cold-call here. I almost never three-bet, either, but I like that option better than cold-calling at all but the most calling-stationest of tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, late position i would consider 3betting on occasion. in this spot with so many left to act i think coldcalling is going to fare much better if you can encourage people to call two cold along with you. i felt i was at a table that i could get at least a couple behind me and with the blinds often calling, i called.

for Stu: what i like the least about calling here(besides the guessing game about how many may call behind me)is going to be my position relative to the preflop raiser if i hit my set after the flop. it makes it difficult to maximize value with the betting coming immediately from my right. for me, that was the biggest drawback. but alas, as i am a set miner i did indeed call.

as a tribute to my poor decision-making only one person coldcalled behind me. a 14/6/1.2 on the button. also, unknown bb called as well.

Flop(8.5sb): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bb checks, UTG+1 bets, i...