Thread: Survivor Finale
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Survivor Finale

On last week's Survivor Live, Stacey said that the deal actually included everyone - everyone had to agree to vote Yau's way at final 4, in order for Dreamz to get the truck. Like wtf, what do they stand to gain from that? He painted a huge target on his back with that move. IMO this wasn't shown, in order to preserve Yau's "best strategist" edit, because this was a huge tactical blunder (and I say that as a total Yauman fanboy from the 1st episode).

I think the thing that makes this plan even worse is that he seemed to be quite openly telling Dreamz that he will get booted if he follows through with his end of the deal and gives up immunity at final 4. Although it wouldn't make sense to discuss this in front of the others, I think Yau should have privately tried to reassure Dreamz that he would take him to final 3 with him, and that the move was to protect himself and not just a way to get rid of Dreamz.

I was glad that Yau won final 5 immunity, I had a feeling Earl was already about to backstab him and keep the hidden immunity idol for himself.

LOL @ the jury, that was pretty cool, the bitter jury is always the best thing about a Survivor finale.

One more thing: Yauman has more class than any other Survivor contestant I can think of. There have been so many final tribal councils with people literally crying their eyes out over the way they were lied to or backstabbed etc (allstars, Vanuatu, Palau spring to mind). Yau just took the biggest backstabbing in the history of the show (not just from Dreamz, but also from Earl) - and he sucked it up, told Dreamz not to feel guilty at final TC, and acknowledged his own tactical mistake. ZOMG!