View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

Fascinating thread and clearly one with conflicting views. Credit has to be given to Full Tilt for posting a message, however you open Pandora's box if you do, as you are expected to reply to every query that gets raised as a result. I think FT should have said this is their position and they can't comment further or respond to further queries as their resources are employed elsewhere preventing further outbreaks of botdom!

I think it is unrealistic to have expected them to speak until their enquiry was carried out, as they would have been accused of being silent when the barrage of responses came their way.

Nevertheless a company generating the revenues that Full Tilt does should have a dedicated community manager who does a lot more than issue a statement after the horse has bolted. They have clearly lost a lot of goodwill as a result of this issue and perhaps could have generated some had they acted in a more proactive manner on the communication side.

I would think that any poker site that is trying to catch the top 2 will be more lenient towards bots, however most will be reactive rather than proactive as the revenue from these bots must be a positive until somebody uncovers them.

I think they have taken a middle ground view which has satisfied few, so perhaps next time they will either shut up shop and say nothing, or actually engage the poker community a little more. I suspect the former as a result of this type of thread.