View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really believe FT is going to post in this thread again?

Unless they find new evidence and they acknowledge that the accounts were bots, they are done with this issue.

They said what they meant and that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

William,

I don't believe that they know with certainty that those accounts were botting and are just covering it up. However they can still take the reasonable step of cashing those guys out and closing their accounts. Furthermore, this is a long term issue, and they definitely need to post again and address the issue from that perspective. If they won't take pro-active measures to find bots, disallow same IP play and the use of HUDs and datamining that are half the way to botting, and use other alternatives like cash out and close instead of just seize or allow highly suspect accounts to continue playing just because the evidence isn't 100%, then it means their statements about taking botting seriously, as in serious enough to take *effective* measures, just aren't true. And that posters here should consider taking part or all of their FTP business elsewhere.

Now of course there is no evidence that other sites are doing nearly enough, including stars which doesn't even do all it can to eliminate all datamining, despite their state policy against it. But we have to start somewhere, and since FTP is in the spotlight, we should start with them. Getting one or more sites to truly take effective means will lead to a competitive need for the others to follow. And any poster here who wouldn't consider scaling back or eliminating play at FT until it addresses these issues, including US players with reduced options these days, should just STFU and not complain or post in botting/collusion threads about FT and just eat their [censored] and ignore the full magnitude of the problem like FT wishes them to do.