View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: what\'s available for USA -- been away for awhile...

[ QUOTE ]
Responses like that are why I almost never post here.

You can find more complete information out there, but the skinny is that of the large sites, only Stars, UB, Full Tilt and Absolute remain open to US players. There are smaller sites, if you go to bonus whores you can get a list.

As for payment methods, firepay and neteller have both left the US market, the latter quite suddenly which caused quite a few people to have their money locked up in neteller for the past few months. The neteller threads make for interesting reading. A good substitute for neteller has not emerged yet, and unfortunately, there is not a good payment processor common to the large sites. Some players have tried to solve this by arranging to trade funds with other poker players who they met online, which has generated some more interesting reading here about scams.

Currently click2pay, moneygram, and a few others are reasonable options for depositing. More than a few people have also reported that they can deposit on UB directly using their US-based credit card.

As for withdrawals, it seems like most people are having checks sent. Stars offers a debit card that you may want to research.

Hope this helps. I'll leave the rest of the page for those who want to correct me for leaving out the #5 site or point out any spelling errors I may have posted (there is one, who can find it first?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar! I ran this post thru Word's spelling and grammar checker and found no spelling errors!

However, it says there is a grammatical error here.

There are smaller sites, if you go to bonus whores you can get a list.

It suggests that there should be a semi-colon after sites instead of a comma.