View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: PS: 10 Billionth Hand Promo Details

12 tabling limit 6-max and full-ring the closest I got was 900 away.
The furthest away was 8500.

Everything else was within 5500.
I had 3 within 1500.

It's all dependent on the game your playing and the speed of your opponents of course. But I'm going to assume that on the tables I play I can expect to be within 6000 of the milestone hand high or low (I'm throwing out the 8500 hand for purposes of this) on each table.

That's a 12k hand window.
If I'm 12 tabling that means I'm getting 12 tries in a 1-in-12000 shot.

Or roughly a 1-in-1000 shot of hitting the milestone each time I give it a full go and am 12-tabling through it.

I expect this might different for those who are 12-tabling full-ring and possibly even different for those who are playing NL instead of limit as I believe hands to tend to go slower on NL (and will probably continue to go slow because you'll always have SOME players still taking their sweet old time).

Those who might set up 'auto-fold' tables with their friends would stand a slightly better chance on this of course just by cranking through it so much faster.
I might guess they would double their chances of hitting it. So 500:1 on any given milestone.

This also changes in the late-night hours when there aren't as many players logged-on and you do't whip through the hands as quite as quickly.