View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: 200NL live - 56s on paired board

[ QUOTE ]
1/2NL game, 8 players. Effective stacks of 200.

UTG raises to 11. I call in UTG+1 spot w/ 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Table is such that after one caller, most other people would call, so I called hoping people behind me would call, allowing me to see a multi-way flop with a drawing hand. Unfortunately, everyone else folded, and it's just me and the tight UTG raiser.

Flop (25) HU: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain leads out for 15. I call.

Turn (55): 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain leads out for 15. I call.

River (85): 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain leads out for 15. I raise allin. Villain folds.

I think my play on this hand was pretty bad. I called the flop, thinking that he was betting a midpair or maybe a whiffed AK, hoping to raise him off his hand on the turn. However, when the turn paired my 5, I knew my hand was good, but my brain froze up and I just called instead of raising. River, I think I should have raised a smaller amount, since the allin raise is overrepping my hand.

However, I'm open to suggestions. Any other more optimal ways to play the hand on all streets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the preflop call but I think the rest of your analysis is ok. I think calling the turn is fine, you probably got 15 more than you would have gotten otherwise. I agree with raising less on the river.