View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Road trip from Seattle to Las Vegas - best route?

I'm contemplating the same trip. Do I drive, and have a car when I get there, or do I fly for about $300 (round trip) and then shuttle, bus and taxi?

Then there is the route. Like you said there are three. Which one? I hate that drive. I just drove up from Phoenix, and that was a bear.

If I had more time, I'd take the I-5 and stop in LaCenter, San Francisco, San Jose and LA. Then I'd drive through Barstow (the gateway to Bakersfield) on to LV.

I was also wondering about going to Mt. Shasta and then on to Reno, play a little at the Peppermill, and then down. But I couldn't find out much about the drive from Reno to Vegas. I assumed it was two-lane most of the way. I'm sure it's a boring drive, but it would be a lot better if it was freeway.

I'm leaning toward the Yakima, TriCities, Pendleton, Boise, Salt Lake City route. That's one I haven't taken, and if I'm in the mood and have the time I could detour to the Grand Canyon. I was at the South Rim on Chrismas day, so a trip to the North Rim would be nice. If you haven't been, it's worth the side trip--a must see.

Decisions, decisions.