View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: lol @ Gila River OR Why I will never marry again (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
Howard, I'm a woman too so maybe I don't get your logic. I don't want cell phone reception in any poker room ever. I don't like wives and girlfriends nagging players to get off the table and go home. I wish every poker room would install a cell phone blocker like hospitals do. The worst I've heard so far is a poor man in Tunica who got a phone call from his SO who was in JAIL wanting him to bail her out. Jesus. Good for him, he nicely told her that he couldn't help her and continued to play but a lot of guys succumb to any repeated calls and nagging. The last thing I need is for players to get called away by drama queens, nagging partners, and dependent significant others.

Male buddies and "others" at least show up and do the nagging in person. It's because they want to borrow money to keep playing as long as their friend is playing, sure, but at least they have to make an effort to get off their hind legs, drive to the poker room, and find their friend before the nagging starts. I just plain don't think it's right that all someone has to do is get on a stupid phone and start nagging someone from a distance and interfering with players in a game. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Drama is a sad reality of life for losers, but the less drama that comes to these people over the cell phone when they're trying to lose their money, the better as far as I'm concerned. In any event, as the woman says, she isn't in charge of where the cell phone companies put their towers. I haven't found the company yet that provides complete coverage of everywhere I go. Explain this: I can make a phone call on Verizon from the rain forest in Puerto Rico or Diamondhead in Honolulu but not from Big Bend, West Texas. There I would have to use Cingular or nothing. No poker rooms in any of these areas to be blamed for the differences in service. It's towers, plain and simple. Not familiar with the area you mention, but perhaps there's a similar issue there?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that's a great story and was also very informative about the topic at hand