View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

This has turned into a hate feast just because people disagree with each other. No need for hate.

I haven't seen any extensive calculations on the stats, only rather loose formulas and judgments by people who may or may not be skilled enough in statistics, supporting both sides. I myself am not skilled enough to do this today, but I've got enough statistic classes in my masters exam to know that what looks easy at hand can be very complicated to prove when dealing with statistics.

I've introduced a couple of friends to poker over the years. They've read the same books as I have, and without having a shared "system", we all are 14/9-ish players. I can't imagine it would be any difficulties for us to follow a simple strategy and get very similar post flop stats over a substantial amount of hands.

Add to that the many circumstances that, because the sheer amount of them, lead people to cry wolf. Problem is that some of these are plain wrong, but they start to live their own life after being repeated again and again.

I don't know nlnut at all, but from his previous script requests to me and others in the Software forum earlier this year, there is no way possible that he is capable of developing a bot. Still, people only see the words "mouse clicker" and "script" and are all too soon to judge this as bot evidence.

People with academic experience should not be that sloppy with source control.

I could be wrong, but until proven otherwise, I see more signs pointing to fair play than foul play.

Adde