View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: UB won\'t let me withdraw!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I must totally disagree with you Narib. It is not UB's money, it is the player's money. Unless UB has told a player in advance that there are conditions for withdrawal, it has absolutely no right to deny the withdrawal.

This would not be any issue whatsoever with any kind of business except internet gambling. I am curious why you want to defend such an absurd policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you go buy something with a rebate, then return it for a full refund, yet still keep the rebate? What is different about this? He made a deposit on a POKER site, got a bonus for doing so, now wants to withdraw his deposit Plus the bonus without playing even one hand at their tables. I am sorry but if I ran a site this would be in bold in my T&C. You cannot abuse the system then bitch about it when someone says,"No, wait a minute, this makes no sense." And people wonder why reputable sites like Stars rarely has bonuses. I wonder how many man hours are spent explaining this to people trying to take advantage of the system. Just play poker and if you win then cash out. My god is it really necessary to go through all that to get a few extra bucks? Maybe I am wayy off base but I honestly think I am not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you shouldn't be able to, but I'm sure it happens once in a while...isn't that why they have you cut off the UPC code? But we digress...I'm sure we could find the occasional exception, my point was that it's not entirely reasonable to compare with other businesses...internet gambling has its unique properties.

Back to the OP, I don't believe he is trying to withdraw his deposit AND his bonus, that WOULD be against the T&Cs. I wasn't really arguing the point that this is a piss-poor practice of UB's by doing this and not having it clearly stated somewhere in their T&Cs. It is. I was just pointing to the rationale behind them wanting some play. There's no question that:

A) This policy should be clearly stated in the T&Cs.
B) They should allow you the option to cashout, less fees if the really feel it's necessary, and they could void the bonus as well.

B isn't the greatest option, but if they're not going to let us just cash out our money with no penalty, there has to be SOME option to get it out again.

Again, don't get me wrong...UB has some atrocious CS and policies, that's why many people won't play there any more.