View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: 3k buy-in, big stacks, out in 5 minutes...am I stupid or badluck

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop is really poor. In these deep stack events you do not want to be playing a huge pot with AQs OOP nor does it matter if you pick up 300 in dead limper money. You are either going to win a small pot or lose a huge one most of the time. This guy managed to put all his money in with a nut flush draw when you really should have had AA or QQ, not top two. I really thought you were going to get crushed by 77 - because that's the type of hand that's going to be calling you to try and bust you.

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree here STRONGLY. AQ is a huge favorite over the field, and just limping along is like giving up the hand. We know that everyone is likely to have a weak hand, so we should raise enough to limit the field. If they are willing to put in 10bbs while behind, then more power for us. We have to have the ability to read an oponents hand strength and not lose a big pot every time we don't have the best hand. If you can't do this, then you shouldn't even be playing a 'deepstack' tournament.

The problem is that most players SUCK at deepstacked poker, so they decide to just see this flop OOP and look for a monster. This is not the best way to plan the hand IMO.

EDIT: If the 300 'doesn't matter' then we shouldn't even play at all. Go grab dinner and come back in a hour or two when the blinds are higher.