View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: ESPN top 50 Boxers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ESPN top 50 Boxers

I want to comment but I really don't know where to start. This list is really, really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sweet mary mother of the baby christ child, where in the name of our lord & savior is Bob Foster????????

LOL. And I do mean superultramega ZLOLZ.

Worst sports list ever; in fact worst subjective listing of anything ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh, I just read that one of the four main factors was dominance. No Foster, no Pryor, no Salvador Sanchez, and Monzon at 46. Yes, this clown is also using "Mainstream Appeal" as a fallback, but c'mon. You have to have some credibility.

Some more random thoughts and then I gotta go drink my disgust away:

Saddler beat Pep 3 outta 4, all by KO.

I love Earnie Shavers, and I was happy to read an interview a few years ago that said he happy, healthy, and financially secure. He was the hardest puncher ever, but I don't think he belongs in the top 50.

Sam Langford at 10? C'mon, don't try to be Mr. I Gotta Prove I Know All The UnknownZ. What about Harry Wills, Joe Jeanette, and Denver Ed Martin, Mr Expert?

Speaking of Harry Wills, I think Jack Dempsey is the most overrated fighter, **who was still actually a great fighter**.

Many people actually considered Duran's defense in his prime to be equal to his offense. He was the consensus "Fighter of the '70s", and between the first DeJesus fight & the second Leonard fight he never came close to losing, and he absolutely destroyed everyone in between, and usually came out w/o a mark on him.

IMO you've got Robinson & Duran at their peaks (and they were long, strong peaks) and then there's everyone else, tho certainly Joe Louis is right there.

It's been said many times that it's very hard to compare heavyweights in a pound-for-pound, due to the size & power differences.

Certainly Ali is impossible to rank, as he missed 3.5 years of his prime. I know I've posted this many times before, but it's amazing to see what Tiger Woods' record would look like had he been banned from golf at the same age/length of time Ali was from boxing.

No Aaron Pryor, jesus wept. I'm done.