View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

[ QUOTE ]

In justifying how the bots were likely human grinders, your rep alluded to how they had a significant chat history. This seems pretty frightening. Can you confirm or deny that this was used as evidence that they weren't bots?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is the only way they 100% nail bots is no chat history / response to chat and if the bots plays for continuous hours on end that aren't humanly possible.

Hence the ability to fly under the radar with this set up and by anyone who wants to use a bot as long as they don't go about it 100% stupid.

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully, you'll at least discuss hypotheticals. Hypothetically, if you had concrete proof that players were using a computerized decision making system with humans inputting the actions, was this allowed previously? Is it allowed in the future? Have any policies changed on what players are or are not allowed to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the best result we will ever get out of this situation, a rewrite of the T&C to tighten up what specifically is and is not allowed.

[ QUOTE ]
Hypothetically, if you were to have hand samples of hundreds of thousand of hands for several players, is there any level of precision with which the convergence of the stats would by itself be enough proof that robotic decision making is being made?

This is just one guy's opinion, but my impression from the emails was that your investigation was indeed less detailed than my OP. It seems that you very likely did think they were bots, but did not have the level of sophistication at poker to prove it (even with access to all kinds of info, hh's, timestamps, whatever).

[/ QUOTE ] emphasis added

Bingo!