View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
OK, for people seriously following this argument:

Here is my thought on the convergence of late-street stats. I think we can safely dismiss 100% botting across all accounts because as others have said, these players time out, which is evidence that at lest some of the time humans are playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will post my observations after playing about 30K hands with micro-limit 6-max bots on UB. I suggest to everyone interested in bots - play some micro-limit games because they are infested with bots.

1. bots time out. so your correlation to humans and timing out is not correct. in fact, the bots I've played with time out more frequently than humans.
2. bots tend to act at a certain pace. (LDO - can't believe the programmers don't even attempt to model human click speeds)
3. bots often sit out if you exploit them enough. (owner removes from play?)
4. bots play a lot. log in every few hours over 24 hours, and track the players who never stop.
5. bots tend to stay at broken tables.
6. bots get `tweaked` over days and weeks. you can see the changes in behaviour fairly easily in limit poker.
7. If you find someone always at the table with the bot, and is blocking your exploits, it is either someone else trying to get you to leave so they can exploit, or the owner.

I suspect these micro-limit bots are actually run by the sites to boost player counts etc, because really, who cares about micro-limit anyways? Or perhaps hobbyists who aren't really in it for the money. But a good place to get experience with bots.

I did see a few of these bots playing 25NL full ring (to my surprise), but I didn't confirm whether or not they were in bot mode.

For whether or not Mario jr et al are bots....I just can't believe that someone would go through the trouble of hiring people to click for a bot. Poker sites love bots. Better stats for the site, more rake. They will never ban a bot until it starts costing them money.