View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: War Against the Bots

[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily,

Rotate the cards 15° (or offset them), move the buttons up/sideways 50 pixels, stop writing hand histories to the HD/chat box for a brief period, popup an additional window after a rebuy, slightly hue/saturate the cards.

If this type of thing was done rarely, it would appear to a user slightly strange, might cause them to look twice, but wouldn't cause them to misclick/timeout every single time. It could also used only against suspected accounts, which would prevent any uproar from casual players.

This stuff works for screen scrapers, if the bot is directly accessing controls/memory, any number of things could be done that would screw up a bot and be 100% transparent to the user.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this as the ultimate solution against bots. Also, upgrading the software about every month where the very roots of the poker software is altered will result in a dramatical decrease in bots. Basically, poker rooms need to build a strong team that will invest massive amount of time tweaking the software to counteract against popular bot mechanics. I'm not saying they should try to make the software botproof, but by randomly changing variables in the software, they can make leading bot softwares obsolete against their new software. I know it's asking much and this can only happen if the pokerrooms are willing to invest money to keep their site completely bot free. It is not impossible to do at all, but it will require full-time attention on their part. Frankly, it is up to us to email the pokerrooms and let them know our dislike towards bot or they'll never do anything about. Look at MMORPGS, most are very succesfully in keeping their online world clean from bots, online poker should not be any different.