View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Weight-Loss Routine

[ QUOTE ]
you should work your core all the time cuz it helps with pretty much everything...this doesn't mean do thousands of crunches...if you squat/deadlift/chinUp you will work your core, but you can throw in things like leg raises or reverse crunches also

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I’ll try this. Thanks.

I will probably add:

Chin-up
Leg-raises
Reverse-crunches

And then when I get back into the gym, I’ll do squats and rows.

[ QUOTE ]
When do you run? (time of day?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I’ve been waking up around ~ 10:00 and running around 11:00 (before eating anything) but I will drink water before obviously.

[ QUOTE ]
--The best time to run is in the morning on an empty stomach to burn the most fat. However, take in a small amount of protein or amino acids before cardio workouts (30 min before) to prevent muscle breakdown, otherwise your body will be forced to turn to muscles as well as fat for fuel. With some protein you spare the muscles.

[/ QUOTE ]

What time of protein would you recommend in the morning? If I do eat before I get on the treadmill (if I’m going to go a long time), I just have an English muffin with some low fat butter. I do have some Egg White and Soy Protein mix from TJ’s, but I haven’t used that in a long time.

I would use eggs but I'm not really interested in upping my cholesterol routinely like that. Maybe some chicken sausages or something like that?

[ QUOTE ]
--The next best time to run is after a workout...not before. (Doesn't mean you shouldn't run for a few min before just to loosen up.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually follow this advice, thanks though.