View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Weight-Loss Routine

[ QUOTE ]
your lifting routine is probably doing very little to help you acheieve your goals...time for a new program that incorporates multi-joint compounds movements like squats, deadlifts, pull up, rows etc

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
As for your weight lifting, I would definitely change things around. Although doing bicep curls and bench press may give you results in the mirror, they can cause muscular imbalances and will not help you reach your goal like a more complete lifting regimen would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, you guys are probably right, thanks for the suggestions. I have to wait a while before the gym I usually go to reopens so I have been doing a less diversified lifting routine. I will definitely try out your recommendations when I get a chance. Right now I just have a couple free weights and a bench. Also, I have never had the goal to be like super-ripped, but rather just toned and athletic looking rather than bulky.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I feel like I've lost some weight, and have been told so by a couple people, but I am still waiting till I lose ALL of my beer belly before I do any ab/oblique exercises.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what?

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was I want to lose all the excess weight until it is relatively flat before I try to build up my abs. I thought this was the common approach.