View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Nation\'s Modship

kkcountry,

Depending on who you talk to botting is either the most serious thing ever in online poker or it's years away from being a threat. I don't really know much about how effective bots currently are and I don't really care. I know that wherever there is money people will try to get it and botting is just one of the ways for them to try that. I have accepted the fact that I have probably played against bots in the past and will definitely play against them in the future.

Now as far as this situation goes the accusation seems to be that some guy posted some stats of players he thought were bots. He took this step because he had reported these accounts to Full Tilt and thought it was taken care of, but discovered the accounts playing again after about a month long break during which the investigation took place. Full Tilt decided these players were in fact not bots and he wasn't happy with that decision so he outed them to the masses. What happened next was a lot of "Obviously these accounts are bots." Then someone found out that one of the accounts belonged to nation's friend. After people outed Doug's full name and offered to get his address and phone number for people and started ripping on Doug personally then nation felt obliged to step in and defend his friend. Now I don't know if Doug is botting or not. And if he's not and is doing to group play thing, then more power to him.

I just take exception to the idea that nation defending his friend that he knows in real life from personal attacks on the internet in any way makes him seem guilty of something. If anything it just makes him a good friend who may or may not have all the facts. And as far as these supposed lies go, I don't see them. Even the ones that are supposed to be quoted in this thread seem to be a matter of people trying to nitpick everything that nation says. It just seems like a lot of sound and fury over things that I think would be easily resolved if everyone could chill out and take a step back from the situation and communicate effectively.