View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: War Against the Bots

[ QUOTE ]
They hire 100 indians to do the job. Or better yet, 100 indians to play and 100 indians to input the relevant information to the bots on a separate computer. No way of detection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's why this isn't a problem:

Removing the AI software from the equation (which both would need), a single high end server could run 10 virtual machines x 12 tables x 24 hours a day easily. Hiring/training/managing 100 workers requires a -great- deal more infrastructure than turning on one server.

And retaining them would be a huge problem. Workers are going to learn the system within a few months. They will very quickly be able to play 98% of hands without referencing the software. In no time they will be outplaying the system in the other 2%.

At some point they are going to say to themselves, "I don't need this software to tell me what to do. I made $500 last week for this place and was paid $40".

Lots of people use Warcraft as a comparison, but it's not a good one.

In WoW the (china) gold farmers need to sell their gold, they need a website or relentless marketing, paypal, bank account, their customers don't speak the same language. They are basically forced to work as a group.

In poker you have real money and numerous (comparatively easier) ways to cash out. Free BR offers, no monthly fee, and the hardware requirements are far lower.