View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: 100NL 3way reraised pot with QQ on wet board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way you can put in half your stack here and then fold to a shove, no way. If we're raising here we're committed to the hand 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are we committed? What is villain's range when he 3-bets? I think it's something like TT+, AhKh, KhQh, and maybe AhJh. Hero does not have odds to call against that range, even after putting in half his stack. I don't think raising commits us at all, especially if we make a small raise.

As for what is actually the best play, I'm a little torn. It's hard to put villain on a range and I don't think his donking range is going to be as loose in a 3-bet pot as in a raised pot. Still, I think something like this could be reasonable:
77,TT,JJ, AhKh, KQs, AA-QQ (discounted, I don't think he donks those as much). This range basically crushes us, so I like to fold.

Even though villain might donk a lot, I don't think you can compare this situation. A 3-bet pot with a coldcalling station involved is a lot different than a headsup battle against a TAG (hero) that villain thinks is too loose. His bet is strange and random, but I think nittish villains know better than to screw around bluffing into two players in an unraised pot. He is milking something - don't fall for it. This was a bad flop for hero's hand - I'm sorry that QQ doesn't always win.

[/ QUOTE ]
very good post, ty. unfortunately i did fall for it this time. i raised, he pushed, i called and lost to JJJ.

thanks for all the responses everybody, i'll make the fold next time.