View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

If the OP's premise is correct, they were using bots primarily but perhaps observing for any gross exploitation and going manual when they feel that the bot is being exploited.

If the group's premise is true, they are perfectly playing a tight, rigid, low-variance system and pause to discuss hands between themselves when things don't go as planned. Perhaps there is a 'sub-system' for this exception handling, but nonetheless, these special cases occur so infrequently and/or they consensus respond to them with such consistency that their stats do not skew because of them.

In any case, the group maintains that their stats are so similar (some would say identical) because they play this rigid system perfectly and their group mentality keeps them focused and avoiding crippling risks. [It seems to me that making +EV monetary decisions have little to do with keeping stats like post flop AF and river betting/calling so consistent, but putting that aside...].

Can we assume that (if the pro-bot contingent is correct), they are not using the bot currently or have severely curtailed its use due to the publicity their screennames have gathered? If so, if one were to datamine or play with them over each accounts' next 100k hands their stats should show an appreciable difference amongst one another.

This doesn't prove anything if they are using some offline bot (ie a seperate computer to make the decisions but manually entereing them-- which I guess isn't against the T&C) or are able to use a bot undetected by FT which is what the pro-bot side may counter with. But I don't think that side is ever going to be truly convinced.

I know I'd be interested in seeing where their stats are over the next 100k hands. My setup at home is ancient and I'm not the best stats person. Any takers? OP?