View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: smart baseball fans analyze these trades.

hey mbillie, I was just asked to join by a friend of mine from high school and he worked out all the details. just go to www.scoresheet.com([censored] website but great product) and you can take a look at it there.

rwperu, I too have a sinking feeling that I could maybe get slightly more for Buehrle also, but Martinez is so good and the guy kind of wants an answer before the weekend so he can put Buehrle in his rotation for next week. As far as when I can be competitive, I literally have no chance of doing so next year. the best 8x15 120 players are basically unavailable to me(as well as the best 24 prospects coming into this year) which makes it very difficult. My goal is to see how things are shaping up after next season to consider making a run at things. My current team is(a * denotes current minor leaguer):

C: Napoli/Navarro
1B: Jacobs, Votto*, Carp*
2b: Kendrick, Callaspo, Eric Patterson*
SS: Peralta, Casilla*, Lillibridge*
3b: Iwamura, Kouzmanoff
OF: Granderson, Dukes, Kemp*, Hermida, Alou, F. Martinez*, Pie, Snelling

P: Suppan, Anthony Reyes, Looper, Carmona, Lincecum, Rodrigo Lopez, Silva, Gallardo*, Brandon Erbe*, Clay Buchholz*, Clayton Kershaw*, Donald Veal*, Franklin Morales*.

RP: Heath Bell, Jeremy Accardo, Joakim Soria, Kiko Calero, Fernando Cabrera, Carlos Villanueva, Derrick Turnbow.

I will only lose 8 of those guys in next year's draft and likewise only be able to pick 8 more guys up. The types of players taken in the first round of this year's draft were:

Chuck James, Nick Swisher, Eric Chavez, Joe Nathan, John Maine, Todd Helton, Mark Teahen, Dave Bush, joel zumaya, rafael furcal, etc. So there is some projectable major league talent available, but the real value lies in young guys who are pretty much only projection at this point and sometimes older stars(bonds and frank thomas were both unprotected for example). While I think making a run at those guys is definitely worthwhile when you are in a position to do so, doing so errantly could severely set your team back as well.

James