View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Nation\'s Modship

Admins,

Nation's ethics in relation to Poker have recently been brought up in a recent thread in the Internet Gambling forum. ( This one.)

Through his posts in the referenced thread, Nation has made quite clear his position on the issue of "One player to a hand" as it relates to online poker.

Nation apparently feels as if having multiple players to a hand online is perfectly ethical because it is not specifically stated as a violation of FTP (or other poker site) Terms of Service. I propose that having multiple players to a hand whether live or online is still violating the basic ethics of poker itself. Therefore, Nation should not be in a position to represent two plus two in any way-- in short, his position as moderator must come to an end.

Here are the pertinent quotes by nation:

[ QUOTE ]
Tiedup,

lee jones has specifically made posts in the past that say team play is allowed as per their t&c because it's unenforceable. i don't see how that makes me have bad morals.

should i stop coaching also as that's against the integrity of the game apparently? you could never coach live, but it's fine online and there are tons of people on 2p2 involved in coaching some way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
no. i'm following the site's t&c.

why do some sites allow PAhud and some don't? cardroom specific, yet you guys take advantage of the software when you can.

you can say that they take advantage of people by having each toher's opinion on hands; you ahve the advantage of knowledge about software like pahud.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more posts from that thread to support this truth, but this should prove sufficient to establish "who believes what." This is also not the first time nation's ethics when it comes to poker have been questioned.

What nation feels is ethical/unethical in a non-poker sense is quite frankly none of my business. I am not claiming to have stellar ethics outside of poker myself. It is a well known fact around here that I was expelled from my University for cheating. I make no claims of being better than nation or anything like that.

That being said, nation's clearly unethical stance on poker should not and cannot serve as representative of two plus two in any capacity.

Please remove his modship.

Regards,
TIEdup14

I welcome and invite everyone with an opinion on this issue to please share your feelings in this thread. I would ask that we keep things civil, and above all remain respectful of whatever the admin decides to do (or not do) in this matter.