View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 20 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems possible that you can only see 'Jacob' if you have killed someone before. Ben takes Locke to the cabin, Locke can't see/hear Jacob, Ben realizes Locke BS'd him and takes care of business. Considering soooo many of the people on the island have murderous pasts it doesn't seem too far fetched.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking something along these lines. it would also explain ben's seeming shock when locke tells him what he heard jacob say, although I think the problem is how did he hear him if he never killed someone?

[/ QUOTE ]

well perhaps we're on the right track but it's more of a gradual tuning in to jacob. i mean locke basically got his dad killed, may be 'in tune with the island,' etc. plus jacob, if he really is the smoke monster or is related to him, has some ability to manifest himself in other ways. so perhaps locke could get a glimpse or hear something, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking along different lines. Ben is the leader b/c he can see/hear Jacob. Ben is insecure, however, about Locke and how the island seems to embrace him. When Ben recognizes that Locke can hear Jacob, he sees him as more of a threat and tries to kill him so he is still the only one who can see/hear Jacob.

I didn't think it has anything to do with if anyone killed anyone before.