View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Been talking lots with this gay guy at the gym - wrong signals by me?

Ok, like I've said before, I'm definitely down with teh gheys but I think I'm putting myself in a difficult situation.

There's this ghey guy at my gym (he's really nice) but he makes it pretty evident that he's teh ghey. I've never really talked with him much but he pretty much talks to everyone at the gym and in the past few months, he's been talking to me. I haven't really spoken with him much other than the casual hello - until recently.

So a few nights ago, we were talking about comic books and I brought up the show Heroes. He told me that he hasn't really seen Heroes except for the first few shows and then:

Him: "Ya, but I really like that guy who plays the male nurse - he's really good looking so that's good for me!"

Me: "Ya, he IS good looking"

Now fast forward to tonight: I was telling him that I have to read a few children's lit books for my summer class and one of them is The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. He told me that in C.S. Lewis's work, you can see a lot of religious aspects about good and evil especially in relation to Christianity. Then:

Him: "I'm not really a supporter of Christianity myself" (well obviously some of that has to do with the fact that he's ghey and Christianity is against teh gheys)

Me: "You don't have to tell me, you're preaching to the choir"

With me agreeing with him about Peter Petrelli being good looking, and me being against Christianity, am I giving out the wrong vibe here? He seems like a really nice guy and teh gheys are totally cool but I don't want to lead him on.

Also, he tends to work out near the clock of the gym and I'm constantly glancing over at the clock to time my rest times. What if he thinks that I'm checking him out?