View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

I'm sorry for re-stating this, but I think its relavent and I didnt see any responses to it.

Why isn't it possible that this is one person playing on many accounts at once? Here's my argument for it:

- His P5 profile stated "I then got a program called pokerstat to analyze my game and plug the leaks. And I did. I then switched over to Pokertracker and am still using that to this day." I see him having one or several large PokerTracker databases that he uses to set the data for a HUD.
- He is good with scripts that enable him to play faster. See his previous posts in other threads to confirm this.
- I argue that the reason all of the data is so similar is that he is playing on all of them. Think about this: Take 400k hands and split them up into four 100k chunks. Won't the data for each of these 100k hands be very similar to each other?
- The reason he might be slow sometimes is because he could be playing 30 tables at once and, although scripts help, he can't be quick on all of them
- The reason for some stupid moves is because he plays a load of tables at once. As someone previously mentioned, if someone 3-bets you preflop and you have junk, sometimes you're just folding without much thought into what the raise size is. Similar reasoning applies to later streets.

The "team" idea is a good excuse so that he can't get in trouble for violating the TOS. But what is more likely, that he plays on multiple IPs/computers at once or that he has a team that follows very specific algorithms for each street?

I do admit there are holes in my theory:
- How does he not sit at the same table? I think its possible that he has a script to open up tables for him too. Opening up tables on a site is hard enough, but even harder when you're playing 30 tables. There might be some central database of what tables are currently open and it makes sure, when opening up new tables, not to open up one that is already set up. This would be easy to do with a few networked computers.
- Psychologically, it seems very difficult to pull of 30 or 40 tabling or whatever. But, that doesnt mean someone can't do it.
- How does the mouse operate?

Cliff notes: Imagine someone sitting in front of four monitors with a HUD on all of them + some software he programmed that lets him quickly act on all the tables. He uses the information from the HUD plus some simple tight strategy to meak out a small profit.