View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Another thread about drugs

[ QUOTE ]

This is the dumbest load of garbage I have ever seen, and lacks any remote resemblance of scientific integrity. There is an entire row just dedicated to intravenous complications that drops the average for non-intravenous drugs. Luckily, it has the decency to factor in all those times you shoot cocaine and ritalin (!?!?!?!). And how the hell is LSD on that list?

How the hell does ecstacy get one of the lowest ratings on "pleasure" and average on acute/chronic harm?

Oh well. When you see that THC is more harmful than huffing glue and doing ecstacy, you know this is crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might be misreading the table a little. The study was designed to look at the overall harm of the drugs relative to drug laws in the UK. It was simply trying to see if there was a good correlation between the ABC rating scale that is used and how "harmful" to society the drug actually is.

The pleasure rating has to do with how addictive that high is and that's why it's under dependence.

I don't think the study is saying that solvents are less harmful than weed in terms of health strictly. I mean, it says that they are much more harmful in the acute sense. Pot is more addictive, that is the only real way that it is worse.

And like I said, I was shocked about the ecstasy, but apparently it's not all that bad for you. I researched it a little bit and the one study that I recalled saying how bad E was for you was retracted.