Thread: A Preflop Quiz
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: A Preflop Quiz

Ok, Here are the results from the quiz:

1. ATs in BB. MP1 raises, all fold to you in the BB...

The overwhelming response was to call, with a couple of posters even considering to re-raise. I think I lost my 2+2 badge on this hand because I actually folded. I thought this would be a tricky hand to play OOP if I made a pair on the flop, but just have to learn how to play wa/wb I guess.

2. AQo in SB. MP3 raises, Button calls, you ?...

Divided opinion here, a couple of posters considered folding, but the rest were split between calling or reraising, with the slight majority preferring to reraise to drive out the BB.

I chose to call.

3. JTs - UTG+2. Folded to you in UTG+2 ...

Mixed opinion with this hand. The majority called, but several posters chose to fold, including myself. Interestingly Bozlax chose to raise. Thoughts Boz ?

4. 99 in BB. UTG+2 raises, SB calls, you ?...

Pretty much everyone (including myself) liked to call here, apart from Eskimo who preferred to raise. Thoughts Eskimo ?

5. 73o in BB. All fold to SB who raises. You ?...

No one wanted to play this hand. I folded, but actually considered calling (as did Eskimo) as you are getting 3:1 to call. Those are actually pretty good odds against anything other than an overpair. Thoughts anyone ?

6. A3o in BB. Button raises, SB folds, you ?...

No clear concensus with this one. Most posters wanted to fold this hand, as I did, but almost as many preferred to call. A few considered reraising. The button could be trying to steal, you have an Ace, but your kicker is weak. Thoughts anyone ?

7. Q6o in SB. All fold to you ...

Mixed views with this hand also. A number of posters chose to fold, but more chose to raise. Some posters were considering either folding or raising. I chose an unusual play by calling, with the intention of betting any flop. I thought this might look less like a steal to my opponent. Thoughts anyone ?

8. A9s in CO. All fold to you ...

Everyone was happy to raise here. Glad that I did not lose another 2+2 badge by doing anything else.

9. QJo on Button. MP1 posts a blind, otherwise all fold to you ...

Once again everyone chose to raise, as I also did.

10. A8o on Button. UTG+1, MP2, MP3 limp, you ?...

The majority chose to fold this hand, as I did because I did not feel that the hand would play well multiway. However, a few posters preferred to call, amongst them Bozlax and Eskimo. Thoughts for calling ?

Well, I hope that you enjoyed the quiz and I look forward to seeing any further thoughts from anyone on any of the hands.