Thread: 77 in EP
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: 77 in EP

[ QUOTE ]
A few points...

Buyin is $100

[/ QUOTE ]

So what - it has to do with BB's not buy-in size.
40bb or less is technically consdered short and you have about 40bb - you are short stacking.

[ QUOTE ]
I limp with 77 in this spot 90% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping might be ok, but calling a raise without good odds to hit a set means you need to earn some other way to make up the EV.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet out on the flop with the intention of folding if raised all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this line because :
1. You lose c-bets from worse hands likke missed overs
2. You have no fold equity vs better hands like 86/76/89/8T which often fold if you c/r. You might even make 99/TT or even JJ fold occasionally if they are bad enough (and most live players are).
3. you lose more money to made hands because c/f or c/r is better for above reasons.
4. the bet/fold line is too obvious on the flop and I would put you in here if I had AK/AQ to push you off your hand.

[ QUOTE ]
If we put villain on TT+,AdKd then:

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, if someone min-rz's to 2bb, I treat this as a check and so i consider buttons raise to be a normal raise, not a re-raise. So his range could be AT+/KJ+/99+

On top of that, he is button so his range is probably way wider ... maybe sc's and more pp's and more big broadways

[ QUOTE ]
Is a fold correct here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no - with 40bb, we are ahead of a damn lot of hands and I would c/r the flop all-in.

If you aren't prepared to do that on such a favourable flop, you should definitely fold pre-flop when you dont have odds to hit a set like in this hand.

btw - your pf min rz is disgusting for so many reason that I can't be bothered typing them up again.