View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Luxor 1/2 $50 buy in?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
orked their stacks up into the $400-500 range. Anytime one of the fresh $50 buy in's sat down and raised it to $10, if either of them had any kind of modest to good hand they would raise them all in for their last $40. Most of the time they won too because they could afford to push around a $50 stack.

I would just say if 1 or 2 guys has a decent stack size don't sit down in the game, your $50 will not threaten them at all, and they will try to bust you and may get lucky or they may not, but either way do you want coin flips going the whole time your there?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong on so many levels. This is not a tournament. You are sitting with $50 in hopes of at least doubling up. What part of doubling up against someone who doesn't care about $50 of their stack bothers you? Again, it's not a tournament. I'm not going to go deep into this logic since a search will come up with tons of information contradicting what you have posted and lots of it is good information to read. But if you are afraid of bigger stacks, then I want you in my game every chance I get, same goes for other people that are scared of "stack size" in a NL cash game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get your point of view in general. But if you can only buy in for $50, it's an average of $10 to see a flop, and you'll get called by at least one player on a push, what's the recommended strategy?

Wait for a premium hand and push? By then your stack is down to say, $40 from the blinds you've paid. If you're pulling out more cash every time the blinds come around or you see a flop, what's the fun?

There's just no way to have much post-flop play in this structure.