View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Turned Down for Cap One Auto Loan

[ QUOTE ]
You haven't given enough info IMO for others to evaluate. For example, what is your credit history like? It just doesn't make sense they would deny you based on your 2005 circumstances. If that was 2006, maybe, but it seems strange 2005 would penalize you like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

My credit history is "lazy". I don't pay bills on time, not because I don't have the money, but because I forget. I've been doing this since college and I know it is a terrible TERRIBLE habit.

As a result, I have 2 or 3 "30 days past due" on my credit report(s), with an overall average score around 600 (bad, i know). I'm hoping the low score is mainly due to having most of my credit cards almost maxed out. I plan on paying them all off within the month, so hopefully the score will bump up a bit.

It was a 704 about 2 years ago, but that's when I didn't really have any balances on my cards. Then, a little emergency (not poker-related [promise]) about 1 1/2 years ago caused me to use them. They haven't been touched since, but the balances have been ever so slowly going down because I haven't focused on them. Now it's just time to hammer out the hands and pay them off.

I don't know what information Cap One looked at (if any), before they approved me online. But I was approved until they saw my tax returns... 2005 was all they were concerned with, as far as I could tell.