View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: MONSTER variance (w/ graphs)

[ QUOTE ]
There was a stretch where you were playing bad IMO.

Also, I've recently held back from saying in chat, "doughnutz, bad run lately? You're playing a lot tighter now." This would be over the last few weeks, when it seems like you're playing noticeably more tight in comparison to when my view of you was an idiot maniac (see first comment above).

That's my honest view, since you came here looking for honest advice (and why I never made my comment in chat, since then you weren't soliciting thoughts).

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly appreciate the honesty, especially from a player whose game I respect as much as I do yours.

But a serious question: how do you know I'm playing tighter? I'm not saying I'm not, but how can you know? During this stretch my guess is that I was getting WAY fewer premium hands and I KNOW I was hitting no flops at all. So lots of folding preflop and on the flop without changing my game that much. So maybe I am still that idiot maniac (who by the way at least for the first several '000 hands was winning against you -- haven't checked recently).

Now, some players have adjusted to the way I play and I've adjusted back to take that into account. But I don't think my game is all that different from when I was (and am now again) winning 1+BB/100 at 100/200+.