View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: WSOP: Incompetent Dealers Could Decide Outcome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as long as the floor makes good calls things will be alright. not good, but alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a problem last year...the floor made some horrendous rulings. Anyway, we'll see.

I have come to realize that Harrah's is just a very poorly run organization, and it's simply too bad that they own the rights to the WSOP, because in another company's hands, the tournament would be better. There are a lot of good people who work (or, like OP, want to work for WSOP/Harrah's) but they wind up caught in the same runaround that Harrah's customers are stuck in.

Anyone jumping on OP should realize he's doing us players a huge favor by revealing the BS that goes on behind the scenes of the biggest tournament festival of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly which games are they teaching the newbie dealers, HE or all of them? It's hard enough to get good dealers at NL or limit HE, but add into the mix PL, and many more non-HE events and it could be a real mess. Last year in the razz event, the dealer at my table tried to deal a FLOP on the first hand. He said he had never dealt razz before, and only dealt stud once or twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey i did that too, but thats a common mistake since you find yourself dealing holdem so often that you just find yourself getting used to it. You see the antes in the middle of the table and it feels like you just brought in the preflop bets.

Once i got used to dealing stud it came back to me. hell one table in the stud 8 tournament told me I was the best dealer they saw all day (I took that to mean I was the first adequate dealer, not that I was particularly good). And I also had never dealt Razz before, but i had dealt Stud High Low 8.