View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: 10NL (9Max): AA line check

[ QUOTE ]
I may also call behind on the flop here to see what he does on the turn, if he checks the turn when a card comes that dosnt look like it's helped him i'd bet $3.50 and make him pay to outdraw you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop 95% "for information".... not too many times does betting for info really work, but this is classic. Villain's mini says "I'm on a draw and it's a good draw." (or minorly, "I have an overpair" which doesn't bother much at all.) So now I have money in the pot WHILE I'M AHEAD.

If you wait to the turn to bet, there will be NO EXTRA money in the pot as "most" of the micro players will fold a draw to a good sized turn bet. And you better make good sized bets here. If you give good enuf implied odds, it will be your own fault that you lost the hand. AA is a nice PF and flop hand... I don't want to take it too deep usually.

This is just too simple. You have position,,, so use it!

You can check behind on the turn and allow a free draw ( then call his river bet/bluff) or bet him off his draw.

The problem in this hand is villain's stack size. You have to decide very early whether you want to battle a shortie or not. AA..... I'm stepping to the plate. Shorties aren't usually limp/calling with crap.....unless they are crap themselves.