Thread: Going Pro
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Going Pro

Sup guys, I don't really know if this is the right place to put this, but i guess it is news.

Well, a week ago at work (health club) I was watching poker on one of the t.v's and basically just said "eff it, I am going pro". Yesterday was my last day, and so now I guess I am really a pro.

I have played a little poker before, in home games, and online, but figured, If I wanna go pro I should get some help, so I'm gunna start posting here.

My Poker Background :

We play poker w/ friends about once every two weeks, usually a 10$ buy in. I usually win 1st or second. Alot of these guys are not very good, but I have won 4 of the last 3, so I guess it is not all luck.

Also, I have played online w/ play chips and cash. The cash went down the drain really fast. I deposited 80$ I think on ultimat bet, and lost it all on a suckout when some guy called me with 89 on suite, without any pair, just a draw. So after that I was stuck playing play chips, and got board of it after I got it up to like 6 million.

Also, I have watched a bunch of poker shows, like high stakes poker, and WSOP, so I see some of the high-end plays these guys are making, so I figure I can use them when I am playing now. I'll prolly read some books like the one by Doyal Brunson later this summer.

Here is my Plan

I have about 500$ cash right now, and another $600 in the bank. I will turn 21 in 2 months and will be able to play live. I figure for now, I will take the $600 in the bank and try to get it up to about $5,000 online. Then take the 5k and play live when I turn 21, maybe even go to the WSOP if I am doing well.

I think I am good at no limit, so I think I will play the cash games for 100$ buy in (1 dollar blind), maybe play some 100$ sit and go's.

I feel if I can avoid the suckouts, I will be very successful. Anyway, if you guys could give me some tips, awesome! Ill update my career later this week after I deposit the 600$