View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Why does this guy even play poker?

To be honest I’m not sure Ed can be fully defended. He made an –EV move multiple times because of something that happened to him some 20 years before. What I will say is that he is human just like the rest of us and we all make –EV moves from time to time, in addition to that, we all know that Ed is not a top tier pro but rather a recreational player.

A lot of 2+2’ers have a real tendency to pounce on anyone who doesn’t make what the consensus deems the correct play is at all times. The consensus is usually right but thank god this isn’t a perfect world. I think this is an example of that. As was said earlier, if you were at Ed’s table at Bay 101 and you made a 3x ~ 4x raise looking to steal the blinds do you want Ed mucking or calling you.

Ed got an irrational fear that he was going to get his aces cracked and be out of the money just like so many years before. He did what he thought would propel him to the money. It worked, it won’t work all the time or even most of the time, but it did. End of story.