View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Personality and overall attractiveness

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard countless times from girls "I don't think xyz is hot because he/she is an a-hole." I've always thought that was pretty stupid. Either you can't rationally separate physical appearance from personality or you are just too scared to honestly answer the question. Guys, for the most part, have no problem saying a girl is smoking hot even if she's a huge bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, NO, Mr Oh-So-Right. Now, I'd agree that guys are better at depersonalizing body from overall "hotness" (whether that is GOOD is another argument), but if someone is a huge beeyatch, I don't care HOW good her body supposedly is, she's never going to be "hot" for me.
She'll just be a beeyatch whom a good body got wasted on.

In other words, there's a HUGE difference between me agreeing that someone is attractive and me saying I'd be attracted TO them.
You can decide if that was an honest answer.

I have one question for you, though. Since you so strongly believe in the bump-up factor (and I think you're smart there), why SHOULDN'T there be a bump-down factor?

If you're not attracted to blondes, then a blonde can never be a 10 to you. Since ratings are subjective anyway, is that "wrong" or irrational?