View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Atkins Diet - Lets Discuss Pros/Cons/Experiences

[ QUOTE ]
One big problem with Atkins: very, very difficult to have high-quality workouts due to low carbohydrate intake. Performance suffers across the board, and glycogen stores are exhausted quickly and not replenished adequately afterward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you, this is what I was going to say.

I actually haven't ever known anyone personally that was active/athletic that used Atkins for these very reasons, everyone that I have known that used this diet was women (and the occasional man) in their 30's or 40's that wanted to drop some weight w/o sweating.

[ QUOTE ]
until I break the 150s then I will slowly ween some complex carbs back into my diet but I pretty much will say off simple-carbs and sugars until I hit my target goals of under 10% bf and 150-155lbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need Atkins to do this. Nutritional timing is how it is done. First, you don't need simple carbs period, you don't need a diet to tell you that...so just eliminate that altogether. You can have complex carbs in your diet but it is all about when you eat them, target these foods so that they are stored as energy for when you workout and then you are burning carbs NOT FAT when you workout--you will then burn fat after your workouts instead of storing the fat that you lost (your body will want to do this). It feels like this has been said about ten times in the last week but you want to burn carbs not fat when you workout and this is a problem for you--think about what you have in your body?

Complex carbs can be a bad thing and this is why Atkins has sold a [censored] load but it has targeted sedentary people.