View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Pipe smoking (Tobacco)

[ QUOTE ]
TY manpower, that's some good information. Do you know anything about what shaniac mentioned wrt not smoking 1 pipe for 2 days in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]
I recall reading something about always keeping 2 pipes, so that if you wanted to smoke twice in a row, you wouldn't need to repack the hot one. Now the bowlpiece is going to get pretty hot while smoking, but I never found it to be a problem if I wanted to repack it right away. In fact I kind of like the sensation of a hot pipe in my hands.

The only other reason I can think of having a bunch of pipes is if you're getting a lot of saliva down into the stem, which can get pretty nasty (if you start pulling it back into your mouth, it's really really nasty), so a fresh pipe would certainly be nice while you let the other dry out. Honestly though, I never had much of a problem with that, but it's not like I was smoking every day either.

Funny thing is, I actually kept two pipes for a long time. Reason is friends would come over and want to smoke with me, so I kept a second 'lender' pipe around for just those occasions.