View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Found BlackBerry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would rather keep it as my own than waste my time returning it. I have lost my fair share of phones so it all works out in the grand scheme of things. I am sure that whoever has a phone this nice has insurance on it anyways. Regardless if the ethical issue, how do I go about activating this phone as my own?

[/ QUOTE ]

He will report it to his service provider as lost. As soon as you bring it in, they will input the serial code and see that the phone is someone elses that they reported as lost. Just do the right thing and stop being a douche.

My boss left his Nextel in a public bathroom, called Nextel and reported it lost. The next day a Nextel store called and said someone had come in a tried to activate it and they refused saying it belonged to my boss. The guy apparently tried to lie and say he bought it on eBay. They told him no, the owner reported it lost, kept the phone, then called my boss to come get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the case for Nextel, but not Cingular. This has worked too many times for my friends for it to be a fluke.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

What a great group of friends you have!

You know, sometimes when people are dropping off movies at the video store, they leave there car running! fools! they're practically asking you to take it!